The Fernie Trails Alliance is currently seeking an inspiring leader to step into the Executive Director role within our organization.
The operations of the FTA has become increasingly demanding as the organization continues to grow to meet the needs of the community and its trail users. Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will help grow the organization through strategic planning.
This is a permanent, full-time position with flexible hours and an attractive competitive compensation, based in Fernie BC.
For the full job description and more information, please read the below and reach out with any questions.
FTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Executive Director reports to the Chair of the Board of Directors and holds a senior leadership position in the organization. Under the authority of the Board, the Executive Director assumes responsibility for the implementation of all organizational policies and procedures, including the direct management of staff members. The Executive Director is also responsible for the implementation and evaluation of the strategic plan, and along with the Chair, is the brand ambassador of the Fernie Trails Alliance.
The Executive Director is a full-time position based in Fernie, BC, reporting to the Chair of the Board of Directors and holding a senior leadership position in the organisation. Key duties include:
- Operational planning and the supervision of the day-to-day operations.
- Fiscal and risk management, including budgeting, and policy implementation.
- Securing revenue through fundraising and awareness activities, and grant applications.
- Cultivating strong relationships with key stakeholders across FTA and the community.
- Oversees the general day-to-day operations of FTA.
- Creates, revises and implements all policies and procedures for the FTA.
- Engages with FTA Board committees, including driving initiatives to visibly improve equity and inclusion across the organization.
- Participates in the Board’s annual organizational strategic planning session and carries out those goals throughout the year.
- Collaborates with the Treasurer and/or 3rd party financial consultants to develop and oversee an annual budget that is presented to the Board for approval.
- Coordinates, organizes and attends monthly Board meetings.
- Executes fundraising activities, including, but not limited to, the Fernie Trail pass promotion, corporate sponsorships and donations.
- Sources and applies for appropriate grants and funding streams.
- Works collaboratively with staff, leadership volunteers, and key community stakeholders to accomplish goals.
- Builds strong and positive relationships with staff, volunteers, membership groups and landowners, while maintaining open communication.
- Brings recommendations to the Board for hiring and/or termination of staff.
- Evaluates and manages all staff.
- Sets clear, realistic, and measurable goals to manage staff.
Awareness & Advocacy Management
- Promotes awareness of FTA’s mission, values and goals within the community and with other stakeholders.
- Builds and maintains relationships with, but not limited to, landowners, membership groups, the City of Fernie, the Chamber of Commerce, Tourism Fernie, the Ktunaxa Nation and other supporter groups.
- Participates in networking and community relationship activities and meetings on behalf of the organization, while cultivating strong relationships with key stakeholders across FTA and the community.
- Oversees the activation of the FTA trail master plan.
Qualifications to be considered
- University degree in business administration, public relations, and/or non-profit management and/or experience in leadership or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Project management experience.
- Organizational management experience including planning, program development, relationship building.
- Government relations experience.
- Previous experience working with non-profit boards and community organizations. Familiarity with community development/recreation planning.
- Grant writing experience.
- Understanding of financial statements and accounting practices as an asset.
Competitive compensation with other Executive Director positions in the area, tailored to applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We apologise, but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline for Submission: AUGUST 16, 2022