FTA Work Parties
Welcome to the FTA Work Parties. Below, you can find all the info you need about what you need to do, to safely attend our Thursday Trail Parties this season.
WHERE, WHEN & WHAT?:
– Thursday Night Work Parties start at 6PM, at the bike park tool shed (behind the Aquatic Centre).
– Wear sturdy footwear and come prepared for the weather. Bring work gloves if you have them.
– There will be refreshments at the end of the work party, but bringing water and a snack is a good idea.
– Further info on each week, is posted on our Facebook Page, so please ensure you check there for weekly details.
KEEN TO ATTEND?
We’ve made a few updates this year, to take into account COVID restrictions, and WorkSafeBC guidelines. PLEASE read the below, and follow the THREE SIMPLE STEPS, to ensure we can safely operate our Work Parties. Then be sure to check our Facebook Page to find out what’s on the roster each week.
- READ OUR COVID MANAGEMENT PLAN. These guidelines are in place to keep everyone safe. Please read them in advance of attending – they will also be posted at each party.
- FILL OUT A WAIVER. Only one waiver required for the year. If you’re able to download, print and bring to your first Trail Party, that’s great. If not, there will be printed copies available. Please note the Adult and Minor Waiver options below.
- SIGN IN. The Sign In form below form needs to be completed every week you plan to attend. Ideally, doing it online, in advance would be really helpful. However, if you’re unable, there will be paper copies available.
Step One: COVID Management Plan
We have put together a COVID-19 Management Plan, to assist in the prevention of cross contamination between communities, and to limit the spread throughout the Elk Valley. People are responsible for their own personal hygiene; however, as a volunteer organizer, the FTA has a responsibility to ensure a healthy and safe workplace by preventing exposure to COVID-19.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ THE BELOW GUIDELINES, IN FULL.
Step Two: Waiver
Everyone attending Trail Parties, must sign a Trail Party specific waiver. For individuals over 19, please use the Adult Waiver. For individuals under 19, please only use the Minor Waiver – please note it needs to be signed by parent/guardian.